If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This version of a classic banana bread has just a hint of sweetness and a great crunch from the poppy seeds. It is a lighter version, with no added oil or fat. —Posie Harwood
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinches salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (scant)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (adjust for more crunch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir in the poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.