Author Notes: This version of a classic banana bread has just a hint of sweetness and a great crunch from the poppy seeds. It is a lighter version, with no added oil or fat. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: 1 loaf
very ripe bananas, mashed
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons baking powder
cup brown sugar (scant)
cup poppy seeds (adjust for more crunch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir in the poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.