Author Notes: An oldie but a goodie: Banana “Ice Cream”. This is always a hit at my cooking classes because people can’t believe this ice-creamy consistency is just bananas. —HeatherPierceG
tablespoon cocoa powder
tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter, optional
- Peel banana and place it in the freezer in a plastic bag or in plastic wrap for at least a few hours).
- When you’re ready for your “ice cream”, take out the frozen banana and slice into thick slices.
- Place frozen banana slices in a blender or food processor and puree until the banana gets smooth and creamy, like soft serve.
- Add cocoa powder and gently blend until all mixed in. (You could also add a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter here too!)
- Serve alone or with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or fresh berries.