If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An oldie but a goodie: Banana “Ice Cream”. This is always a hit at my cooking classes because people can’t believe this ice-creamy consistency is just bananas. —HeatherPierceG
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter, optional
- Peel banana and place it in the freezer in a plastic bag or in plastic wrap for at least a few hours).
- When you’re ready for your “ice cream”, take out the frozen banana and slice into thick slices.
- Place frozen banana slices in a blender or food processor and puree until the banana gets smooth and creamy, like soft serve.
- Add cocoa powder and gently blend until all mixed in. (You could also add a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter here too!)
- Serve alone or with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or fresh berries.