If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As I’ve always preferred the chocolate chips or chunks in chocolate chip cookies to the cookies themselves, it occurred to me last year to quadruple the amount of chocolate in my normal recipe. I also added extra salt and changed the proportion of white sugar to brown. These small changes provided dramatic results with which I was pleased. Each cookie was awesome but a bit much so I decided to make them smaller.....and then smaller, and then smaller still.
Each one is now such a perfect little mouthful that I can sometimes eat just a couple and be utterly satisfied. Sometimes..... However, they are quite addictive and at other moments I can devour an entire batch at one sitting. —Gail Monaghan
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 8 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Mix butter, both sugars and vanilla until light and creamy. Add eggs and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in and evenly distribute the chips.
- Dab cookie mixture on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake until done, about 8 minutes. Should be golden. Cool on racks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack