If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dark chocolate pumpkin seed crunch is a healthy and addictive snack. It can be a bit messy, but it's simple and easy to make. —KatieFioreSkinnyChef
Makes about 8 cups
- 8 cups any combination of puffed rice, puffed wheat, or puffed kamut
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Krystal Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Measure puffed rice mixture, pumpkin seeds, kosher salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Place chocolate chips, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil in a small saucepan.
- Melt the chocolate mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the puffed rice mixture, scraping out all of the chocolate with a spatula.
- Using two spoons or your hands, toss the mixture until all of the puffed rice is coated with chocolate.
- Spread mixture in an even layer onto two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for ten minutes, remove the pans from oven, and toss with a spatula.
- Return pans to oven, placing on different racks than they had been. Bake another 10-15 minutes more, until mixture is just dry.
- Allow mixture to cool and place in an airtight container for up to one week.
More Great Recipes: Snacks