If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a unique and delectable twist on a traditional hummus. The fresh citrus notes that come from the orange zest and orange juice combine with the smoked paprika to create a wonderful balance of flavors that makes this creamy dip irresistible! Hummus is one of my go-to healthy snacks. I also like serving hummus as a tasty appetizer at parties. This creamy hummus would be absolutely great paired with my recipe for Berry Sangria and served with lots of fresh vegetables and olives on the side.
This recipe is featured on my blog and in my new cookbook "Deliciously Holistic" —Shelley Alexander
Makes 2 cups
- 1-15 ounces can organic garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons raw sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup Blood orange olive oil or your favorite extra virgin olive oil
- 2 peeled, minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pour beans into a strainer and rinse thoroughly with water. Drain beans well and place in a food processor with S blade attachment or in a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until hummus is smooth and creamy. Stop processor or blender to scrape down sides if needed.
- Taste hummus and add more seasoning if needed to taste. If hummus is too thick, add small amount of purified water 1 tablespoon at a time to get the right consistency.
- Enjoy immediately, drizzled with olive oil, or place in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.