If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created and won a competition run by OVD Rum with this little number and decided to name it after my current pre-graduate limbo status (which probably led to my entering the competition too...)
The cocktail serves well to show the depth of any given rum without completely masking its nuances. Despite the rum arguably taking centre stage, the addition of the other ingredients goes well to lift the rum and provide your palate with a wash of complementary flavours and a velvety texture. Expect a rummy body with herbal and citrus notes from the bitters and vermouth, a dry sweetness from the cranberry and sugar syrup, and a lingering floral touch from the rosemary.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! —Mark Low
- 25 milliliters Dark Rum
- 25 milliliters Dry Vermouth
- 25 milliliters Cranberry Juice
- 20 milliliters Rosemary Brown Sugar Simple Syrup*
- 3-4 dashes Orange Bitters
- 1 sprig Rosemary (to serve)
- Combine over ice and shake until cold. Flame orange peel over glass and run around rim before discarding. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve. (*For rosemary simple syrup: Combine equal parts brown sugar and water in a pan with 4 sprigs of rosemary. Heat til sugar is disolved. Cool.)
- Double strain into a chilled coupe/martini glass.
- Flame orange peel over glass and run around rim before discarding.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.
- (*For rosemary simple syrup: Combine equal parts brown sugar and water in a pan with 4 sprigs of rosemary. Heat until sugar is disolved. Cool. - Recipe taken from The Kitchn, here: http://www.thekitchn.com/summer-cocktail-essential-rose-54454)
More Great Recipes: Cocktails