If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peaches, raspberries, a shake of ginger, and a drop of tequila. I felt the need to honor the tequila in the name of this pie - it added a whole new dimension to an old favorite. —jillyp
Makes 1 pie
- pie dough for a double crust
- 2 pounds peaches, sliced
- 1 pound raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten, plus a spoonful of sugar for the top crust
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place oven rack in the middle spot.
- Combine fruit, sugar, flour, tequila, ginger, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out your bottom crust and place in 9 inch pie plate. Roll out the top crust.
- Pour in fruit mixture. Cut up butter and dot on top.
- Place top crust. Trim and crimp edges. Brush with egg and sprinkle a bit of sugar all over. If you're not doing a lattice crust, make sure to slice a few vents here and there.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (use a baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or foil, to catch drips). Turn down oven to 350 F and bake for another 25-30 minutes until the crust is lightly toasty looking and the fruit juices are running and bubbling (if the pie looks too dark too early, use foil to cover the dark areas or edges as needed).
- Mix yourself an actual margarita and wait for the pie to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe