This is the kind of muffin you can confidently rave about at parties and eat without feeling too guilty because it's not only loaded with seasonal cherries full of antioxidants but also has deep chocolate flavor along with few other healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, flax seeds that replaces egg, and Greek yogurt to keep it soft and very moist. —dixya
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix flax meal with water and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk yogurt with sugar, then add flax meal and vanilla extract. Mix them until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Fold in chopped cherries.
- Pour the batter in a regular lined muffin tin filling about 3/4. Then insert 2-3 dark chocolate chips individually to the batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.