If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The delicious flavors of a caprese salad inside a crisp buttery flake churro like cheese straw. Fresh basil brings these crispy cheese snacks to life and is a delightful addition to the mozzarella and tomato inside the crispy snacks. —Glutenfreekg
Makes 20- 6 inch straws
- 2 Sticks of vegan butter
- 2 cups Gluten free bisquick
- 2.5 cups Shredded mozzarella soy cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Flour de sel salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. in a large bowl using an electric mixer cream butter, salt, tomato paste, sugar, basil leaves chopped for 2 minutes. Add in the mozzarella cheese and mix on medium for ~ 1 minute until well mixed. Adding in 1/2 cup increments, add the flour on low speed until all flour is mixed in. When all flour is added beat on medium high for a minute or so until it becomes a well combined mixture.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a cookie press with a star tip and pipe onto a greased cookie sheet in 6 inch long straws.
- 3. When straws cool slightly serve with your favorite marinara sauce warmed up! Enjoy!