If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I tried the combination of rosemary and dark chocolate at a local chocolate shop it was a revelation. The flavors go together beautifully! It inspired me to create this sauce based on the basic chocolate sauce my grandmother makes. I especially love to pair with anything flavored by vanilla, cream, citrus, or berries, like angel food cake, ice cream, fresh berries, and panna cotta. —Chris Van Houten
Makes: about 2 cups
sprigs fresh rosemary
cup cocoa powder
cup whole milk
cup heavy cream
- Bring milk and rosemary to boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and allow rosemary to steep in hot milk for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa, sugar, cornstarch, and cream until combined. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Remove rosemary.
- While sauce is still hot, add butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate the sauce. Reheat before serving with your favorite dessert.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs