If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a riff on the chive oil in Amanda's book, Cooking for Mr. Latte. I took the concept of blending fresh herbs with olive oil and put that in a salad dressing. I use herbs in addition to chives, because I feel guilty about them sitting idly in the fridge. This doesn't really require a recipe, but et voila. —minipanda
Makes: 1 cup
handful of mixed herbs - chives, thyme, parsley, basil, whatever mix you want. I dislike mint, so I never put it in, but you go nuts.
cup olive oil
Salt, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Pulse the herbs and olive oil together in a blender until the oil turns green from the herb bits.
- Strain the solid parts of the herbs out. Discard the solid parts of the herbs.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the salt and pepper to the lemon juice. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- Add the herb oil and whisk to combine (or shake in a jar).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs