Author Notes: This is a riff on the chive oil in Amanda's book, Cooking for Mr. Latte. I took the concept of blending fresh herbs with olive oil and put that in a salad dressing. I use herbs in addition to chives, because I feel guilty about them sitting idly in the fridge. This doesn't really require a recipe, but et voila. —minipanda
Makes: 1 cup
handful of mixed herbs - chives, thyme, parsley, basil, whatever mix you want. I dislike mint, so I never put it in, but you go nuts.
cup olive oil
Salt, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Pulse the herbs and olive oil together in a blender until the oil turns green from the herb bits.
- Strain the solid parts of the herbs out. Discard the solid parts of the herbs.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the salt and pepper to the lemon juice. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- Add the herb oil and whisk to combine (or shake in a jar).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs