Author Notes: The sweet and tart summertime favorite, infused with the rich floral note of lavender. —tideandthyme
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 sprigs fresh lavender
- Bring 2 cups water, sugar, and lavender to a boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Turn off heat, cover, and let steep 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 3 cups water, lemon juice, and lime juice in a pitcher. Place a fine-mesh strainer over the top. Carefully strain the lavender simple syrup into the pitcher, discarding lavender. Stir to combine.
- Serve in glasses over ice with lemon slices and a sprig of lavender for garnish. Also great with vodka!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs