If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy hot burger with a fresh crisp bite! Pairs perfectly with a breezy summer day and a cool strawberry margerita! —Miranda Doerfler
Homemade Pico De Gallo (for topping)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1 Tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1 Onion (chopped finely)
- 5 sprigs Cilantro (chopped finely)
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- 1 Lime (optional)
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Chop all your vegetables finely and put them in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon and lime over the mixture, then add a little garlic powder. Stir up for tasty pico de gallo! Now set it aside...
Perra Picante Burger
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Taco Sauce
- 1 packet Tortilla Strips
- Rolls (to serve as buns)
- Form burger patties from the ground beef. Depending on thickness and size of patties, this dish serves between two and four people. Pour a small amount of oil into a pan. Heat medium to high and cook your patties to your preference.
- Place buns (preferrably a roll from the grocery bakery or something similar - these are more firm than regular burger buns and serve better) in oven at 400 degrees until lightly toasted (about five to ten minutes).
- Place cooked burger on toasted bottom bun. Pour taco sauce on the burger - just enough to cover the top. Then add shredded cheddar cheese so it covers the burger as well. Now grab that delicious pico de gallo you made and spoon some on top of the cheese. Top with tortilla strips and top bun. Enjoy!