If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1.5 cups
Herby Avocado spread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 bunch Cilantro (leaves and tender part of the stems)
- 1 cup Packed mint leaves
- 1 grilled jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Unflavored greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
Grilled Halloumi bites
- 1 packet Halloumi cheese patted dry and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh pineapple pieces
- slivers of cherry or plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon Amoked ancho chile powder
- Combine the Cilantro, garlic and mint in food processor and pulse about 6-8 times, until the leaves are coarsely minced. Add the Jalapeno, avocado, lime juice, honey, sour cream (or greek yogurt). Blend together and combine into a smooth spread with the consistency of mayonnaise. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to remove any air, and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the appetizer.
- Cut the Halloumi cheese into 1/4 inch thick slices and drizzle liberally with the Olive oil. Heat a grill pan until smoking and gently place the cheese on the surface. Allow to grill until the char marks form (about 3 minutes) and then flip over carefully to grill the other side. Cut into small squares. Arrange on a platter, spoon a 1/4 teaspoon of the Avocado spread onto the cheese. Top off with a sliver of pineapple and tomato and a sprinkling of ancho chile powder.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs