Author Notes: Ok, maybe calling this a frozen yogurt is a bit of a stretch because it also has some cream in it, but it is lighter than traditional ice cream. It has a pretty pronounced coffee flavor, which I love, so it's probably best for grown-ups (my kids tasted it and passed). I have the Cuisinart 2 quart machine and it's great- I highly recommend it! This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz' book The Perfect Scoop... —WinnieAb
Makes: a little more than 1 quart
cup organic Greek yogurt (I actually use my own homemade "drained" yogurt)
cup organic heavy cream
cup organic sugar
tablespoon organic freeze-dried coffee (I used Mount Hagen brand)
pinch sea salt
- In a blender or large capacity food processor, process all the ingredients until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to your manufacturer’s instructions. The ice cream will be finished, though on the soft side, after 30-40 minutes; you can enjoy it like this, or for a firmer consistency, transfer to a container and store overnight in the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee