If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe should really be called the triumph of hope over experience. I have tried to maintain a herb garden on my windowsill throughout the long, Danish winter. I have seen my basil plants shrivel, tarragon fall limp like a Belle Epoque heroine with consumption and lost more parsley than I care to remember. This dip needs lots and lots of fresh herbs. It is vegetarian and a bit lighter than a traditional green goddess dip. —Canalcook
Makes 1 cereal bowl sized amount
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3-4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Blend all the ingredients in a bowl with a stick blender.
- If you don't have a stick blender, mash the avocado with a pestle and mortar and stir together.
- Season and serve.
More Great Recipes: Snacks