If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lobio Mtsvanilit is a traditional Georgian very flavorful bean and 5 fragrant herbs salad, or side dish. Originally it is made only with dark red kidney beans using the soaking/ cooking of beans method, but in summer time I try to avoid the long cooking process and use good quality organic canned beans. I also like to mix kidney beans with Cannellini for a brighter and more colorful look. This salad would be even better with an addition of some coarsely chopped walnuts, which Georgians are using in most of their savory and sweet dishes. Make this unique salad for your BBQ or take it to a picnic and it will add a lot of flavor to your dishes. —Kukla
Serves: a crowd
• 1 (15oz) can organic dark kidney + 1 (15oz) can organic Cannellini beans, well rinsed and thoroughly drained
• 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup of Sherry vinegar
• 2-3 teaspoons honey or Agave nectar
• 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, finely crushed
• 2 cups (yes 2 cups) of mixed chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, basil, dill and tarragon)
• Kosher or sea coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the beans in a large mixing bowl. In small mixing bowl whisk vinegar, oil and honey until emulsified; mix in garlic and coriander seeds; pour over the beans. Add salt and pepper to your taste; toss in the chopped herbs. Mix to combine and serve at room temperature or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs