If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basic caramel sauce needed a twist... A spicy one. And my lately obsession for chipotle chilies came to my mind when I thought of making this heavenly treat. —Pao Domínguez Luttmann
Makes 1 jar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a saucepan, at medium heat, melt de sugar and water. Bring to a boil or until sugar is lightly browned, be careful no to burn it.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and heavy cream.
- Finely chop the chipotles and add them to the sauce. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Let cool and transfer to a glass container. Serve with vanilla ice cream, crepes or fresh fruit. It will last up to 3 weeks refrigerated.