If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mrs. Cobb is a character from Lillian J. Braun’s series of books “The Cat Who” and this recipe is from “The Cat Who Cookbook,” by Julie Murphy. (There are lots of food mentioned in Mrs. Braun’s books.) This meatloaf is one of my favorites, the first place being Wolfgang Puck's meatloaf wrapped in bacon! —MrsK
Makes 1 meatloaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 7 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce (1/2 can)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1 dash nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Stir brown sugar and cranberry sauce until smooth. Place in bottom of 9" x 5" loaf pan. In a bowl, combine eggs, onion, milk, thyme, sage, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs. Add ground beef and mix well. Place over cranberry mixture and flatten top. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and invert on plate to serve.