If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister-in-law gave me this recipe years ago and we prepare it every Christmas and Thanksgiving. This is definitely not a dish for someone on a diet, with its tons of calories and carbs! I love American yams/sweet potatoes, SO different from their Brazilian sisters! The marshmallows are my contribution, by the way. —MrsK
Makes 1 2-1/2 quart dish
- 1 20 ounces can candied yams
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or any other nuts you prefer)
- Warm yams in small pan and use mixer to puree them. Fold in all other ingredients and put it in a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Mix sugar and flour; pour butter. Beat with mixer until well coated. Fold pecans inches. Sprinkle topping evenly over casserole. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.