If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple side dish is composed of just a small handful of ingredients, but still manages to pack a very big umami punch. Top your mash with a poached egg for extra unctuousness. —Emily K. @ Leaf Parade
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a big pot of salted water and put over a hot burner and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pot, and cook until the sweet potatoes are soft (10-15 minutes). Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add the miso paste, coconut butter, and coconut milk to the pot, and combine all ingredients together with a potato masher.