If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best ice cream cake you have eaten —mookies
Makes a round pan with removable base 26 cm
For the base
- 400 gr. savagiar
- 120 gr. condensed milk
- 120 gr. cognac, brandy or liqueur
For the ice cream
- 2 cans Morfat Creamy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 11 eggs, separate yolks from the whites
- 250 gr. Chocolate 53%
- Make the base: Mix together the brandy and milk in a bowl. Soak savagiars in the mixture and lay the basis of form and upright on the side. Put in the refrigerator.
- Make the ice cream: Beat two morfat cans with icing sugar and lemon according to the instructions of the box. Separate the yolks from the whites and keep the whites in a bowl refrigerated until you use them. Eggs should not separated carefully as usual, leave some egg white with yolks as separates. Pour the egg yolks slowly, one at a time and the vanilla seeds into the whipping cream and mix well.
- Divide about 1/3 of the mixture and put in a bowl in freezer. The remaining 2/3 pour over savagiar, lay the surface and put the form on freezer.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and set aside. Beat the egg whites on medium speed until frothy, add a generous pinch of salt and beat at high speed. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice and continue beating until have a meringue not too tight.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the rest 1/3 of the cream that we keep and mix well with a spatula moves from bottom to top, not cyclical. Add the remaining meringue and mix well with a spatula, or with the mixer on low speed. Then add the melted chocolate and stir together with the mixer on low speed, combine all the ingredients. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
- After 3-4 hours when it freezes well white cream, pour the chocolate mixture on top and straightens the surface. Put it back in the freezer and eat the next day. Much better flavor and texture after 1 or even better 2 days. We can decorate with chocolate curls or cocoa before serving.