If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ate this at a friend of mine’s and made a few changes to the recipe in order to suit my taste. It is absolutely DELICIOUS and, even better, very easy to put together. —MrsK
Serves 8-10 people
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 angel-food cake, cut up into small pieces
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 quart blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Blue Curaçao
- 1 tablespoon sweet red wine
- Beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Add sour cream, almond and vanilla essences, and heavy cream and mix well. Add angel-food cake and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix strawberries with wine and 1/4 cup sugar. In a separate bowl mix blueberries with Blue Curaçao and 1/4 cup sugar. Separate some nice strawberries and blueberries for decoration.
- In a tall, clear glass bowl alternate layers of cream cheese, strawberries, cream cheese, blueberries. Top with cream cheese. Decorate with berries. Refrigerate a couple of hours before serving. (I actually make it the day before the party.)