If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love sweet fresh corn in the height of summer? Who wouldn't love those seasonal juicy pops married with maple flavor in crumbly shortbread cookies? Here is the solution I adapted from two recipes by One Girl Cookies and How to Cook Everything, to get all those in one that you won't be able to stop popping into your mouth one after another. I think the maple flavor improves the next day in these cookies. Enjoy with cold brew coffee over ice with milk or Japanese method drip iced coffee on ice! —Ghost House Kitchen
Makes about 36
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) corn kernels
- 1 cup (138 grams) cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups (213 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks/170 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon maple extract)
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- In a bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until the mixture is light. Add brown sugar, beat for 3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add maple syrup and extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, slowly add flour mixture, mix until everything throughly incorporated. Take the mixing bowl off the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and finish mixing the dough with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in corn kernels with a rubber spatula.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of dough, 1 inch apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet using portion scoop or spoon. Roll each dough into a ball and gently press to flatten a bit.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are light brown around the edges. Cool on rack for 2 minutes, transfer cookies onto a wire rack off the baking sheet.
More Great Recipes: