If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Jo Malone London, the fragrance house with the amazing cult scents, launched a new collection called Sugar & Spice. The company commissioned British pastry chef Natalie Estella Seldon to create five desserts inspired by the fragrances. This is the dessert inspired by the Red Currant & Cream Cologne. It's a beautiful, simple dessert that takes advantage of all the lovely fruits in season right now. —Cherry Bombe
- 1/2 cup hulled strawberries, plus 2 strawberries for decoration
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup redcurrants, plus 4 sprigs for decoration
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 slices stale white bread
- Two 1/4-inch diameter cookie cutters
- Two 3/4-inch diameter cookie cutters
- 4 filled jam jars (to use as weights)
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- Slice the strawberries in half and place in a large, wide-based pan with the remaining fruit, 2 tablespoons of water and the sugar. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes or until some juice has been released from the fruit. Make sure the pieces of fruit remain whole. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Stamp out 4 circles from the bread using the 2¼-inch cookie cutter and 4 circles with the 2¾-inch cookie cutter. Place the four smaller circles at the base of each ramekin and spoon in an equal amount of fruit, followed by the remaining larger circles of bread. Carefully press down with your hands and spoon in enough of the berry juice to color the bread.
- Serve with some spoonfuls of the berry coulis and cream. Use the remaining fruit to decorate as you wish.