If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since I started experimenting with gluten-free cooking, the perfect brownie has been my Everest. After multiple attempts that met with what can only be described as mediocrity, this recipe is the culmination of trial and error, information from America's Test Kitchen (such an awesome show), and an interview I once had with Vogue Food editor Jeffery Steingarten (thank you for introducing me to Scharffen berger chocolate). Today I am Mallory, and the view is sweet! —nycnomad
- 2 Small Ripe Bananas
- 8 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup Agave Syrup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 cup Carob Powder
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare (lightly grease and flour) an 8x8 baking dish or a mini-muffin pan with individual liners.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas into a smooth puree with a fork.
- Add the agave syrup, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Chop the dates finely and add to the other liquid ingredients.
- Mix the liquid ingredients with a spoon until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the teff and buckwheat flour with the shredded coconut, cocoa powder and the almond meal.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to the other dry ingredients. Do not mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring with each addition.
- When the ingredients have been fully combined, spoon the mixture into the baking dish or into the individual muffin forms.
- For mini-muffin brownie bites, bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, allowing slightly more time if you are using the 8x8" dish.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe