If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Call me crazy, but I grew up eating mangoes on toast for breakfast during the summers every year. My family has this thing for pairing sweet and savory flavors together – not everybody likes it, I can tell you that! I guess its very similar to eating fruits with cheese - just like the French people. Its something about pairing the savory and sweet together – it somehow balances the flavors out. This recipe is inspired from my childhood breakfast —Pallavi Gupta
Makes: 8 crostini
cup balsamic vinegar
- Mix both ingredients in a non reactive metal pan.
- On medium low cook till the mixture reduces into a thick sauce. Let cool at room temperature.
Ripe Mango, cut into bite size pieces
french baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
handfuls fresh basil leaves,
- Toast the baguette in the oven for 2 minutes till the bread gets a little bite.
- Generously smear goat cheese on the baguette slices.
- Top the crostini with few pieces of mango.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction and garnish the crostini with fresh basil leaves. Serve right away.