Author Notes: This was a "what I had on hand" recipe that I just threw together from things I had banging around from the garden plus those extra few pantry staples. Wonderful on it's own or tossed with orzo pasta....a finish of extra virgin olive oil, fresh picked mint, and a sprinkle of feta! —olive
medium Summer Squash
tiny just picked zucchini
can Borlotti beans (cranberry)
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Saute over medium high heat chopped Shishito peppers until going a bit limp and nicely seared
- Add in both squashes, (chopped) and let sauté
- Toss in rough chopped garlic and sauté it all for a few minutes-as it sweats season with salt
- Stir in a bit of butter and toss.
- Remove from heat and snip fresh chives over. If tossing with pasta, add vegetables to drained pasta and toss in fresh chopped basil, mint, chives and drizzle over extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with feta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side