If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe gives lentils a culinary makeover! Feta and grapes lend their sweet n' salty edginess to the earthy legume for a vibrant yet hearty salad. —cristy-lucie
Makes a lot
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cups halved grapes
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil, add lentils, reduce to a simmer; cook until lentils are cooked through but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey and salt; add onions and set aside.
- Drain the lentils and rinse with cold water and drain. To the onions, add drained lentils, grapes, walnuts, feta and oil; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side