If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These muffins are moist with just the right amount of sweetness. The multigrain flakes adds fiber that is tastier than bran muffins and the applesauce tones down the fat content. I make 12 regular sized muffins, but the recipe will make 8 Jumbo muffins if you prefer. —Lisa raymond
Makes 12 regular sized muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup multigrain flakes (like oatmeal flakes but multigrain)
- 3/4 cup melted, but cooled, butter
- 3/4 cup darkest brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place silicone or paper muffin liners in muffin pan.
- Combine oat flour, sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and applesauce in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well
- Fold in the multigrain flakes and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly amongst the muffin cup liners and bake for 23 minutes.