If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes published in "Food-Healing: Cooking with Qi: The Ultimate High-Phytochemical Cookbook," written by Jeff Primack, Anisa Taylor, and Steve Wood. —Romy
Makes 8 slices
- 1 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups dates
- Add nuts, coconut flour and dates to blender, in that order. Pulse until dates mix in and blender stops blending smoothly, about 5-10 seconds.
- Take out of blender and hand knead into a ball until consistency is like dough.
- Press into a pie plate starting from the center working your way to the edges, until evenly spread throughout pan. You can use a fork to give it a pie crust look by pressing with the fork flat around the edges.
- Optional, for a firmer crust, dehydrate crust for 2 hours at 110 degrees.
- 4 avocados (optional 1 seed)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (takes approx. 10 limes)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Add lime juice, maple syrup, coconut oil and avocados into the blender in that order.
- Pulse a few times to get it started and then blend 1 cycle on speed 10.
- Pour into the pie plate and chill for 2 hours.
More Great Recipes: Pies & Tarts