Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes published in "Food-Healing: Cooking with Qi: The Ultimate High-Phytochemical Cookbook," written by Jeff Primack, Anisa Taylor, and Steve Wood. —Romy
Makes: 8 slices
cup almonds or pecans
cup coconut flour
avocados (optional 1 seed)
cup lime juice (takes approx. 10 limes)
cup maple syrup
cup coconut oil
- Add nuts, coconut flour and dates to blender, in that order. Pulse until dates mix in and blender stops blending smoothly, about 5-10 seconds.
- Take out of blender and hand knead into a ball until consistency is like dough.
- Press into a pie plate starting from the center working your way to the edges, until evenly spread throughout pan. You can use a fork to give it a pie crust look by pressing with the fork flat around the edges.
- Optional, for a firmer crust, dehydrate crust for 2 hours at 110 degrees.
- Add lime juice, maple syrup, coconut oil and avocados into the blender in that order.
- Pulse a few times to get it started and then blend 1 cycle on speed 10.
- Pour into the pie plate and chill for 2 hours.