If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this for years, and it's usually the first salad that's gone from any gathering. —alecia
- 1 pound salad macaroni
- 2 cups pitted black olives (canned or 'fresh')
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds (to taste)
- 1 large Red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Mayonaise (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large sweet onion (Vidalia, e.g.)
- Boil the salad macaroni in salted water, following package directions, drain, rinse, and cool (you may want to drizzle some olive oil on the rinsed macaroni to keep it from sticking together)
- Chop onion, & bell pepper in large dice (1/4" or so), and stir into cooled macaroni along with olives
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise & celery seeds together and dress salad. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in a large bowl with a lid or a large aluminum pan & cover with foil, and you're ready to go. The salad should NOT be left out in the sun, but I've left it out for a couple of hours with no ill effects to those who've eaten it..
- The salad can be made in advance (allowing the flavors to develop, in the refrigerator, of course)