Author Notes: Adapted from David Leibovitz's Perfect Scoop, this ice cream mixes a potent combo of cold drip coffee (not from your Mr. Coffee) and sweetened condensed milk into a frozen treat that answers the question, why just sip the drip? —dailywaffle
Makes ~ 1 quart
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold drip coffee (or very strong cold brew)
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 1 3.5 oz. bar 85% cacao Valrhona chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a bread pan with plastic wrap with enough overage to cover the top of the pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, coffee and half-n-half in a medium mixing bowl. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Pour the mix into your ice cream maker and chill according to manufacturer’s directions. When the ice cream is firming up and you have about 5 minutes to go, add in the chocolate and continue churning.
- When done, scoop the ice cream into the bread pan and store in the freezer until completely firm. The plastic wrap will help form a cover if you don’t plan to eat it all immediately, which you’ll want to do, but probably really shouldn’t.