If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quite heavily adapted from Mrs Beeton's 'Book of Household Management' (but retaining as much as possible of her original, rather brusque instructions), this unusual take on Bakewell pudding is almost certainly where the pudding began - effectively a bread pudding with bits of jam. —17years
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2.5 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Put the breadcrumbs at the bottom of a pie-dish.
- Over them a layer of jam of any kind that may be preferred.
- Mix the milk and eggs together; add the sugar, butter, and pounded almonds; beat well together.
- Pour it into the dish and bake 1 hour.
More Great Recipes: