If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A soup based on green vegetables, delicious and healthy! Found it in Mission Kitchen blog and adapted it to my tastes. —Vassia Simou
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds wild cabbage and/or spinach
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 milliliters milk
- sour cream
- Start by preparing all the vegetables. Finely chop the onion, carrot, garlic, and chives. Roughly chop the broccoli heads and the kale and spinach.
- In a large soup pot heat the butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the onion, carrot, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent.
- Add the garlic, cooking until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the kale and spinach, season with salt and pepper and cook until the kale and spinach are just wilted.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chives stirring to incorporate. Pour in white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and all of the broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and carefully blend the soup in batches in a standing blender or directly in the pot.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir in the milk(or heavy cream), lemon juice and additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve and garnish bowls with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining chives. Don’t forget to serve with fresh bread!