Author Notes: The perfect cocktail on a hot summer day. For step-by-step photos, go to: http://www.icancookthat.org/2013/07/watermelon-mojito.html —I Can Cook That
mint leaves, plus more for garnish
ounces white rum
ounces watermelon puree
mint mojito seltzer (such as Polar Seltzer)
ice cubes, to taste
- To puree the watermelon, cut the meat of the watermelon from the rind. Roughly chop and throw into a blender.
- Blend until pureed. You might need to add a bit of water to the blender to get everything going.
- Pour the puree through a fine mesh sieve using a spoon to push it through.
- To make the mojitos, add the mint leaves and lime juice to a mixing glass.
- Muddle the mint and lime juice together (if you don’t have a muddler, you can use a spoon).
- Add the agave and rum and stir to combine.
- Add 4-6 ice cubes and the watermelon puree and shake to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Fill with the Mint Mojito Seltzer.
- Garnish with mint (optional).