Make the most of fresh summer cherries with this appetizer/snack/alternative dessert! For step-by-step photos go to: http://www.icancookthat.org/2013/07/cherry-ricotta-bruschetta.html
Make the most of fresh summer cherries with this appetizer/snack/alternative dessert! For step-by-step photos go to: http://www.icancookthat.org/2013/07/cherry-ricotta-bruschetta.html—I Can Cook That
baguette (or 8 pieces)
teaspoon olive oil
ounces fresh ricotta
teaspoon salt, preferably sea salt
teaspoon mint, chopped
teaspoon local honey
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Pit your cherries, set aside.
- Chop the mint.
- Slice the baguette and arrange the pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly drizzle the baguette pieces with olive oil.
- Broil for one minute or until the bread is crispy (watch the bread under the broiler, it can turn from toasted to burnt really quickly.)
- Top each piece of bread with fresh ricotta.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, you only need a ¼ teaspoon for all of them. The salt will help bring out flavor so you need very little on each baguette.
- Sprinkle the mint evenly among the bread slices.
- Top each with 3 cherries. If you want, you can top with more mint.
- Drizzle the honey over each slice and serve.