If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had these two overly ripe bananas sitting there staring at me. These sad looking bananas didn’t deserve to be in the trash so I immediately decided to make banana bread. Then I realized that I didn’t have enough of these deathly looking bananas to make a loaf of banana bread, so I decided to cut the portions in half and made muffins instead. —themessimake.com
tablespoons melted salted butter
cup brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
cup chopped walnuts
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
pinches of salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 350º F.
- Line a regular muffin tin with either cupcake liners or parchment paper cut in 5×5 squares.
- Mash the bananas.
- Add melted salted butter to the mashed bananas.
- Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Equally divide the batter in the parchment lined muffin tin.
- Top with more chocolate chips if you want. There is no such thing as too much chocolate. :)
- Bake for ~15 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the bread, it should come out clean (some crumbs are ok).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good