Author Notes: I had these two overly ripe bananas sitting there staring at me. These sad looking bananas didn’t deserve to be in the trash so I immediately decided to make banana bread. Then I realized that I didn’t have enough of these deathly looking bananas to make a loaf of banana bread, so I decided to cut the portions in half and made muffins instead. —themessimake.com
tablespoons melted salted butter
cup brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
cup chopped walnuts
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
pinches of salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 350º F.
- Line a regular muffin tin with either cupcake liners or parchment paper cut in 5×5 squares.
- Mash the bananas.
- Add melted salted butter to the mashed bananas.
- Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Equally divide the batter in the parchment lined muffin tin.
- Top with more chocolate chips if you want. There is no such thing as too much chocolate. :)
- Bake for ~15 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the bread, it should come out clean (some crumbs are ok).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good