If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pa amb tomàquet is a Catalan tomato bread. Easy as hell. Cut up a baguette lengthwise, toast or grill it and rub the crumb with cut garlic. Rub that with sliced tomatoes (the best and ripest you can find). Top that with a couple of boquerones and you have a delightful hors d'oeuvre style tapa. —pierino
Serves: 4 or more
vine ripe tomatoes
boquerones (white anchovies) or other really good 'chovy. It matters
Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice up your baguette into four sections. Then, split each section down the middle exposing the interior crumb. Toast or grill the bread (this is a great tapa before a steak dinner so you can multitask your grill)
- Peel and cut your garlic cloves in half. Rub the bread with the garlic.
- Slice the tomatoes through the equator. Now rub the tomato into the bread slices. Make a mess. Work as much tomato pulp into the bread as you can.
- Olive oil is optional but if you are using it drizzle a little bit of it now. Sprinkle of salt.
- Over each slice place two boquerones. Fold the anchovies in half for presentation. That's it. Simple right?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe