If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tomato salsa recipe highlights the freshest ingredients and gives you a citrus kick with a lemony taste. This dish is great with grilled fresh seafood, a Bloody Mary, great friends on a hot day by the pool. Simple, fresh and fabulous. —Nicole
- 4 ripe tomatoes-home grown if possible
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crusched
- 2 tablespoons chopped corriander
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly crushed black pepper-not pre ground or crushed
- 2 teaspoons White vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg-not pre ground or crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 small, red chilli finely chopped-seeds removed is optional
- 2 anchovy fillets - white if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon Raw brown sugar
- To make the tomato salsa, combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well, ensure the anchovies are blended well and broken down. Place tomatoes in a bowl and squeeze lightly til juices run and all other salsa ingredients and toss. Toss dressing through the mixture and sit for 1/2 hour at room temperature. Season with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice to taste.