If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know people who absolutely love that weekend brunch staple: the Bloody Mary. While I thoroughly appreciate the idea of a drink that you can almost pass off as healthy (and that you can stuff full of skewered, pickled goodies), I have never enjoyed drinking tomatoes. I much prefer a plump, ripe tomato to the watery juice. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize by adding or changing ingredients. Optional add-ins: Chopped pickled carrots or other vegetables, cubed cheese (swiss or other), cubed salami or pepperoni, cocktail shrimp... —Stephanie
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 6 ounces dried mini shell pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup giardiniera, chopped
- 4-6 peperoncinis, diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
Bloody Mary Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons pasta water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon brine from giardiniera
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Blanch the grape tomatoes for 30-45 seconds.
- Cook pasta in salted water, according to directions on package. Before draining the pasta, reserve 2 tablespoons of the water (the starch in the water will help thicken the sauce and help it adhere to the pasta).
- While pasta is cooking, in separate bowl, mix tomato paste, water, vodka, and brine. Stir in remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Once pasta is drained and cool, toss all ingredients.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes and serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe