Author Notes: This side dish is a play on the traditional basil, tomato, and mozzarella Caprese salad. —Juliana Walters
cup Isralei Couscous
cup fresh basil
ounces prepared sun dried tomato pesto
cup mozzarella bocconcini
In This Recipe
- Cook couscous according to package directions and drain.
- Rough chop or just tear the basil into large pieces.
- After the couscous is drained add it to a small skillet, on med low heat, to keep it warm.
- Immediately add the pesto and stir to combine so that the pasta will not stick.
- Add the cheese and basil all at once. Stir to combine.
- When the cheese barely begins to melt, transfer entire mixture to a bowl and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe