If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bean sprout salad…it doesn’t get much healthier than this. Delicious too! I used a combination of lentil, pea, adzuki and garbanzo sprouts, but you could use whatever sprout combination you like. I don’t usually use garlic in my salad dressings, but the hardy little sprouts can handle it. The cherry tomatoes add a nice freshness to the salad and the baby corn adds a bit of fun. —The Cautious Vegetarian
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small frying pan, toast the cumin on high heat for a minute or two, shaking the pan to move the seeds around. Place in your mortar, and crush with a pestle until coarsely ground. Place in a small bowl. Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 8 ounces mixed bean sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby corn pieces
- 2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful Italian parsley, chopped
- Wash the spinach and dry in your salad spinner. Place into a large bowl and set aside in the fridge.
- Put the sprouts, tomatoes, corn and red onion into a medium bowl. Add the parsley and half of the dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, toss the spinach with the remaining dressing. Place onto a large platter. Top with the sprout mixture and serve immediately.