This is my version of the ever popular North African condiment
This is my version of the ever popular North African condiment—Candiss K
Makes: about 1 -1 1/2 cups
ounces Dried Chilies (I used Ancho)
teaspoon Caraway Seeds
teaspoon Coriander Seeds
teaspoon Cumin Seeds
Lemon (the juice of )
tablespoon Tomato Paste
tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
In This Recipe
- In the large bowl place your dried chilis and cover with boiling water and cover. Let sit for 30min until the chilies are soft
- While the Chilies are softening toast your spices and grind into powder
- Once the chilies have sat for 30min stem and seed them and add into the food processor
- Add the Garlic, Spices, Salt, Lemon Juice, and Tomato Paste to the Chilies in the food processor
- Turn your food processor on low and pour in the olive oil while it is running. Only use what is necessary to make a smooth paste.
- Continue running the food processor until the paste is smooth.
- Transfer to a jar and enjoy!