If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my version of the ever popular North African condiment —Candiss K
Makes about 1 -1 1/2 cups
- 4 ounces Dried Chilies (I used Ancho)
- 1 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon (the juice of )
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- In the large bowl place your dried chilis and cover with boiling water and cover. Let sit for 30min until the chilies are soft
- While the Chilies are softening toast your spices and grind into powder
- Once the chilies have sat for 30min stem and seed them and add into the food processor
- Add the Garlic, Spices, Salt, Lemon Juice, and Tomato Paste to the Chilies in the food processor
- Turn your food processor on low and pour in the olive oil while it is running. Only use what is necessary to make a smooth paste.
- Continue running the food processor until the paste is smooth.
- Transfer to a jar and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: