If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get your creative juices flowing with grilled fruit! In just minutes you can achieve sweet caramelization that’s a no-brainer for dessert, but don’t miss bringing them to the table as an appetizer or side dish, or saving them for breakfast the next day. It’s easy to mix and match flavors and fruits to add color and jazz to any meal. —Susan E. Levy
Grilled Peach and Sweet Onion Salsa
small sweet onion, peeled, diced
Non-stick pan spray
peaches, peeled, halved, pit removed
jalapeno chili, diced
cups mint, chopped
- Preheat grill. Toss onion with lime juice and salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Spray cut halves of peaches lightly and lay cut side down on hot grill. Grill on each side for about 3 minutes. Remove and cool; dice into ½ inch pieces.
- Combine peaches, chili, mint and sugar into onion mixture. Serve with grilled meat or fish.
- Per serving: 51 calories, 1g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium
pint whole strawberries
tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat grill and soak 4 wooden skewers 60 minutes in water.
- Dust strawberries with powdered sugar and thread onto skewers.
- Grill berries over medium-hot fire for about 3 minutes per side or until they are slightly browned and warmed through.
- Per serving: 35 calories, 1g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium