If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sharp raspberries are perfect here. The apple gives the sponge the density it needs to handle all the stuff on top, and who could ever complain about a sprinkling of buttery crumble? —17years
- 1 cooking apple
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a 8 × 12 inch cake or swiss roll tin.
- Slice and peel the apple, then place the pieces in a pan with enough water to prevent burning. Heat gently.
- For the cake, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg with a little flour and beat again, then add the remaining flour and milk and beat to incorporate. Mix in the well soften apples and turn out into tin.
- Dot with raspberries then sprinkle with topping.
- Cook for 45 minutes and serve however you want (as long as it’s with custard).