If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even though I like celery, I tend to think of it as a supporting actor, not the star of any recipe. I decided to change that and made this incredibly easy celery and fennel salad. Serve this fresh and bright salad with your favourite veggie burger or the Muffaletta Sandwich. I used my brand new mandoline to slice the vegetables (what a cool kitchen gadget, just be sure to use the guard!), but you could use a knife if that’s what you have, just try to slice the veg as thinly as possible. —The Cautious Vegetarian
- 6 large stalks celery
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons salted capers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- few grinds of black pepper
- few shavings of romano or parmesan cheese
- Trim the celery stalks, discarding the leaves. Trim the fronds from the fennel, cut in half and remove the inner core. Remove any outer leaves if necessary. Using a mandoline, or very sharp knife, cut the celery and fennel into very thin slices. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Place the capers into a small bowl, cover with water and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl until blended. Stir in the capers. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place the salad onto a serving platter or into a shallow bowl. Top with cheese shavings and serve immediately.