If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like my brownies naked…no nuts, chocolate chips or dried cherries in mine thank you very much. This is my all-time favourite brownie recipe; these babies are dense and ultra-chocolaty! As a bonus, they are also really easy to make. Don’t be tempted to add a bit of baking powder, brownies are supposed to be dense, not cake-like; the eggs will give these delectable treats enough lift. I like to serve them alongside strawberries or raspberries...that way I can convince myself they are actually good for me! —The Cautious Vegetarian
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 9 inch square baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- n a heavy saucepan, over very low heat, melt the chocolate and the butter together. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and salt together, set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar and the eggs. Whisk until they are just mixed, don’t over-beat the mixture. That’s the trick to getting brownies that have a crackled top. Whisk in the vanilla bean paste. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture. Stir to mix. Turn into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool (if you can wait that long) and indulge!