Author Notes: I don't make deserts. My cooking style is too imprecise for things like baking, and things always come out wrong. I have an aversion to measuring things I suppose. Anyhow, this is one of the only deserts I can seem to pull off consistently. —sumradagnoth
cups heavy cream (something over 35% fat)
cup unrefined sugar
lemons, zested and juiced
strawberries, thinly sliced lengthwise
small bunch of mint, leaves chiffonade
- Heat the cream and granulated sugar in a small pot over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add a splash of limoncello and the lemon juice and take the pot off of heat source so it will thicken.
- At this point you can add more lemon juice as desired. Allow to cool and then pour into ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for several hours.
- Add the berries to a bowl, drizzle with the vinegar and a dusting of confectioner's sugar. Toss and let sit at room temperature until you are ready to serve the crema.
- Remove plastic from the ramekins, spoon the berries over top, and sprinkle with mint and lemon zest.