If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't make deserts. My cooking style is too imprecise for things like baking, and things always come out wrong. I have an aversion to measuring things I suppose. Anyhow, this is one of the only deserts I can seem to pull off consistently. —sumradagnoth
- 2 1/8 cups heavy cream (something over 35% fat)
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 12 strawberries, thinly sliced lengthwise
- balsamic vinegar
- confectioner's sugar
- 1 small bunch of mint, leaves chiffonade
- Heat the cream and granulated sugar in a small pot over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add a splash of limoncello and the lemon juice and take the pot off of heat source so it will thicken.
- At this point you can add more lemon juice as desired. Allow to cool and then pour into ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for several hours.
- Add the berries to a bowl, drizzle with the vinegar and a dusting of confectioner's sugar. Toss and let sit at room temperature until you are ready to serve the crema.
- Remove plastic from the ramekins, spoon the berries over top, and sprinkle with mint and lemon zest.