If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember sitting in Amalfi, overlooking the ocean, and had a late lunch that included this awesome peppered mussels dish. —sumradagnoth
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh hot red chile (like fresno), thinly sliced into rings
- 3 pounds black mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
- salt, to taste
- 1.5 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped italian parsley
- freshly ground black pepper, in large amounts
- juice of one orange
- Heat oil in a large pan with high sides over high heat. Add garlic and chile and briefly cook until garlic lightly browns.
- Add the mussels to the pan and cook briefly. Add the wine and a light sprinkling of salt. Cover the pan and cook until the mussels just open.
- Remove the cover and grind an aggressive amount of black pepper over the mussels. Don't be afraid to use a lot.
- Remove from the heat. Add the parsley, a drizzle of great quality extra-virgin olive oil, and squeeze the orange juice over the top. Transfer to a serving bowl.